Why We’re Different
Why We’re Different
- Our firm’s three lawyers together have over 70 years of experience handling and resolving business and intellectual property lawsuits and disputes.
- Partner Jeff Kobrick not only has over 30 years of litigation experience, but has also taught litigation to two generations of lawyers at Harvard Law School and Stanford Law School. He also served as District Trial Counsel in the San Francisco Office of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Partner Christopher Cooke worked at one of San Francisco’s top law firms, and rose to the level of Branch Chief in the San Francisco Office of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Both Jeff Kobrick and Chris Cooke bring to their securities and litigation practices the perspective that only former government lawyers can bring.
- Partner Stephen Wu has formed many Silicon Valley corporations and limited liability companies, especially in the information technology field, and acts as outside general counsel to many Silicon Valley businesses.
- Partner Stephen Wu has counseled clients from around the world in Internet Law and electronic commerce for over 10 years, having served as VeriSign’s second in-house lawyer and co-written five books on data protection law. He is a pioneer in the areas of secure ecommerce, Internet Law, and virtual worlds. He has served as President of the SL Bar Association in the Second Life® virtual world, 2009 to 2010.
- All three firm lawyers have large law firm experience handling complex litigation, although our firm’s billing rates are much more cost-effective than large firms.
Clients Rely on Cooke Kobrick & Wu Across a Broad Spectrum of Legal Matters. Our attorneys handle:
- Litigation in federal and state courts
- Alternative dispute resolution proceedings, such as arbitration and mediation
- General business and commercial law cases
- Securities fraud civil suits and SEC enforcement actions
- Intellectual property disputes in the areas of copyright, trademarks and trade secrets
- Employment litigation
- ERISA pension plan litigation
- Litigation matters concerning data theft, theft of intellectual property, data protection, and information security breaches
- Litigation matters relating to the 3D Internet (e.g., virtual worlds and multiuser online games)
- Litigation and strategic advice for companies involved with robotics and artificial intelligence, including products liability risk management
- Business law services, including start-ups and business organization advice
- Drafting and negotiating software and other licensing agreements