Practicing Business Law and Business Litigation with a Focus on Technology
Cooke Kobrick & Wu LLP represents individual and business clients in the Silicon Valley area in business litigation and intellectual property matters. Contact our San Jose area intellectual property lawyers today by calling 650-917-8045.
Areas of Focus
- Business litigation — We help businesses work through a wide range of disputes, including:
- Breach of contract — Our cases frequently involve claims that one or both parties to a contract breached the agreement. We also provide business-to-business collection services.
- Trade secret litigation — Businesses should take steps to protect their intellectual property and to keep it out of the hands of competitors. We assist clients with data protection and information security to protect their trade secrets.
- Patent litigation — We handle cases involving patent infringement, claims of patent invalidity, cases involving both patents and trade secrets, and more.
- Copyright and trademark litigation — We help protect our clients' brands and works of authorship. Conversely, we advocate for clients wrongly accused of infringement.
- Disputes about information technology — We represent clients involved in disputes with service providers, and in disputes involving the ownership of intellectual property, data protection, and related legal matters.
- Business formations — We help businesses incorporate and organize limited liability companies, C corporations, S corporations, and limited liability partnerships.
- SEC investigations/securities fraud — With former SEC staff members as partners at our firm, we help plaintiffs damaged by investment advisors and brokers and defendants accused of fraud, insider trading, and misrepresentation allegations. Find out more about securities litigation.
- Technology transactions — We represent technology companies and their customers when they are developing, licensing, and selling products and services.
- Data protection — Protecting data in an online digital world presents challenges. We provide legal advice to companies that strive to secure that information. We help with information security and privacy compliance, policy development, and breach response and notifications.
- E-commerce law — We help businesses seeking to establish secure electronic commerce systems and companies simply seeking to address the legal issues of doing business over the Internet.
- Robotics and artificial intelligence — We help companies that manufacture robots, unmanned systems, and artificial intelligence by strategic consulting to manage the risks of product liability and contract liability. We also help companies prosecute and defend litigation concerning their use of robots and artificial intelligence We can help you address your concerns.
- Employment law — We defend business dealing with serious accusations of racism, sexual harassment, discrimination and technology-related problems, and respond with aggressive advocacy.
- Healthcare law — We provide a broad range of health law services and can address a variety of technology law issues that affect the healthcare industry.
- General counsel services — Our firm routinely acts as outside general counsel for businesses when it comes to managing the legal function in a company that needs a general counsel, but cannot afford a full-time in-house attorney. We can provide your business with a “fractional general counsel” to handle corporate governance and a whole host of other legal issues for a wide variety of businesses in California.
- E-discovery and digital evidence — The identification, collection, and exchange of electronically stored information (ESI) is a crucial component of litigation and internal investigations. Our firm helps clients comply with the e-discovery requirements federal rules of civil procedure and the California Code of Civil Procedure and help to create document retention policies and other tools for records management.
Contact Our Silicon Valley Trade Secret Lawyers Today
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a Silicon Valley attorney, please contact us.